A new update of the Ruleset wizard has been released today, with some corrections and improvements:
- Ask for saving current project before opening a new project.
- Make extension generation process crash-proof.
- Fixed typo in save project dialog
- Fixed error on opening editors with same name from ruleset explorer
- Added Register Script property to Script files
- Added Announcement to Ruleset Properties
- Added Find/Replace dialog to Script Editor and XML Editor. (Press Ctrl+F or Ctrl+H from the editor to open the dialog).
- Added Parent Element property to custom properties.
This week main improvements comes from my own experiences developing a ruleset with the Wizard.
The Register Script is necessary when you have a control or template with a large script you want to keep separated in another file, for example:
<template name="salud_counter"> <genericcontrol> <stateicons> <on>salud_h</on> <off>salud_ok</off> <cons>salud_c</cons> </stateicons> <script file="salud/salud.lua" /> </genericcontrol> </template>
In this case you should create the salud.lua script and set the Register Script property to False, since the script will be included with the control declaration.
The Find/Replace in the text editor is a must-have when you are working with large and complex files.
Finally, the Parent Element property of Custom Properties is necessary when you are using controls that have complex property definitions. I will make a sample video soon.